- I've created an unholy aberration, a mixture of various mecha RPG yet my main frame of reference is Adeptus Evangelion. Most notably, it's HP-for-each-mech-limb system and taking cues from it's earlier, arguably deadlier editions.
- Most of the core mechanics take cues from various retroclones I've read. I'm using a scaling AC because that's just what is easier to keep track of and a 23-stat/roll equal or above saving throw system.
- Unlike Adeptus Evangelion, player character and mecha progression are not intrinsically linked, allowing for more flexibility by allowing the players to switch mechs if the situation requires it.
- I've made them roll ten characters and come up with a name/personality for them. These are both the side characters...and replacement characters.
- Coming Up Eventually: More name and sandbox tools I've slowly worked on.
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Status of the Amateur Dungeoneers, June 27th: Busy with Stuff, Games and Homebrew
It's been a busy month: a mixture of real-life troubles and starting two new campaigns, which is to say the Exalted-Godbound game and a mecha game. Now the mecha game is interesting because, in time, it's going to be posted in more details. For now, some short rambles of game design:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment