Search This Blog

Contributors

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Status of The Amateur Dungeoneers: November 13

Well, what can I say? This blog has long outlived what I ever expected to be quite frank. This was originally just an attempt and it was quite unclear if there would ever be enough material for me to write down to justify keeping this blog alive. It hasn't exactly been a smashing success by any mean, having remained a very average RPG blog that averages maybe over a little over a hundred views for the really popular posts. It hasn't really made any 'waves' and I never expected it to, as I'm really not anywhere as creative or gifted as other people like Arnold K for example.

Intense Rework Of The Index

There used to be an index of major blog content that was maintained but, as time went on I really forgot about the damn thing. This has come to bite me in the ass due to mislabeling certain posts or forgetting to add the right tag leaving me to scramble to find the post I needed. Well the lazyness had to stop at some point and the Index has been massively updated.

More Setting Material

That's a goal achieved, at the very least! Initially there was a fear of not having enough 'unique' material as the blog lacked its own setting, especially since the original intended one was a half-baked shitty pipe dream that got canned and sent into oblivion for not being really all that good to begin with. Instead the blog has since become host to the so-called 'Random World', my Urban Fantasy material for Stars Without Numbers Revised (using it for modern urban fantasy) and Tellus, the JRPG-inspired setting.

War Gaming!

A whole new type of content for the blog, namely homebrew material for One Page Rules games which are basically not!Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40k. Simplified and stripped down it plays really well and really smoothly both online and in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment