Search This Blog

Contributors

Monday, April 23, 2018

Status of the Amateur Dungeoneers, April 23rd

It's been some time since the first post on this blog so it seems like it's time to asses what work and doesn't work, as well as what need improvement.

OUT WITH: Random Monster Tables

These were something initially done to stretch my creative muscles and which goes back to the first post on this blog which, might I add, was terribly formatted. However as it is, these are for the most part the posts which have attracted the least traffic. Not only that but I'm not currently running any 'generic' fantasy so these are of little to use to me right now.

IN WITH: Setting and Game-Specific Material

However the Godbound and Exalted stuff has fared a lot better and is currently much more useful to my game-related endeavors than whatever random generic monster table. These are simply the material which work better and is more worthwhile, not to mention it has a bit more variety, ranging from monster material that isn't bland and generic as well as useful and reusable sandbox tools such as names.

NEED WORKS: More Unique Setting Material

Originally the blog was going to be home to a setting called Iza-Zual but it never took off, mainly due to a struggle with making the setting 'work' as well as an inability to properly define the setting, it's main themes it's core ideas and in general establishing a strong setting identity and pitch. It may return when I manage this or I might scrap this setting entirely if it fail to achieve a proper identity.

NEED WORKS: More Contributors or Scrapping Contributors?

This blog wasn't originally intended to be a one-man project but life has gotten in the way of things. I'll have to reconsider if I even want/need extra contributors to the blog or if we'll still be working on any project together. If not, it mean this blog will entirely fall upon my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment