1. Talislanta and Glorantha/Runequest
I'm putting these two together because of how similar they are: not so much as settings (granted you could easily argue they emerged from similar roots in Fantasy) but rather in terms of what they are as games. They're old games with oddball fantasy settings that have basically completely flown under the radar of modern fantasy gaming. Its the very opposite of mainstream and its boring-ass Forgotten Realms and Qel'Dorei or even Golarion (granted, that one has enough pulp love to have interesting elements).
2. Dark Sun
Another odd fantasy setting, this time one for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun is another one of those bizarre settings which doesn't really register in the mainstream of fantasy in spite of having some top notch setting books for D&D 4e (which were arguably the best setting books of that era). What else can I say? I'd love to run it, its cool, its unique and its kind of horrific and depressing in the most metal of ways.
3. Battle Century G
What can I say with this one? I'm a mecha fan, even if it isn't a subject I've mentioned a whole lot on this blog, namely because there isn't much of an interest in the subject matter around the OSR and there's a clear lack of any good OSR-compatible mecha game. Closest that exist is the Mecha Hack, for the Black Hack. Anyway, Battle Century G is one of the few mecha games that seem to generally know what it is doing simply because the guy who worked on it was such a fan of the genre to begin with. The game is easy enough to mods in order to accomodate various style of mecha campaigns.
4. Star Trek Adventures
Now for something completely different: the still-in-publication current official RPG for the venerable (and much abused, sadly) Star Trek license. This one is as far removed thematically and mechanically from anything I've ever mentioned on this blog yet at the same time, having (almost completely, at least as of this post) binged through Deep Space Nine has made me want to run some Srar Trek stuff.
5. Maid RPG
....Because why not?
No comments:
Post a Comment